Saturday, March 10, 2012

Heartbeat Diaries

Has anyone ever noticed the world around them? Can you feel it's heartbeat? Because I can. I walk around and the wind sounds like a beautiful melody, and the crunching of leaves under my feet is a fast drum beat. The sunshine is like a spotlight, shining on me.

Am I the only one who feels like I'm supposed to do something? Change the world, fix a country, create something no one else ever dreamed of. I think about it all the time, like it's destined to be. I've always acted like I didn't need a Plan B. It was always being famous. For writing, for singing, for dancing, for acting. For something. Like I wasn't meant for anything else. I still feel that way.

Music was always first to me, that's what I'm meant to be with. Listening to it, singing it, dancing to it. Anything that had to with it was cool, automatically. But now, I can't even go my choir class without people telling me they don't like me. They've never talked to me, and the first thing they ever say to me is that they don't like me. That's my favorite class, my favorite teacher, and I'm not comfortable there. I walk in just waiting for someone to say it. Someone to laugh at what I'm wearing. Honestly, I don't care, none of them mean anything to me, but it still stings a little. And I'm tired of feeling like I'm not supposed to be there, because I know I am. It's what I do, it's all I do. So why do I feel like this? Because other people don't hear the heartbeat. Don't feel the music. And they love to ignore it if they do hear it. I wish they could hear it.

If you can hear it, if you feel it, use it. Keep going, even if the person next you doesn't. Because they're the unlucky one, the one who should feel like they don't belong, because they don't.

BEcause YOU're beautiful.


Love,
Dakota <3

No comments:

Post a Comment