Friday, March 11, 2011

   I watched a child in the mall yesterday as she was kicking and screaming. Her parents were trying their best to calm her down.

   I also watched the people passing by them. Some shook their heads and saw the child as a spoiled, "give me what I want now," child. Others paused and offered a few kind words to both the child and parents.

   "You're such a beautiful little girl. Such a beautiful girl shouldn't cry," one lady said.
   "Don't be so sad. We all have bad days," added another.
   "I think she's a spoiled brat," I heard one whisper to a friend.
    None of them were right. The child was neither spoiled nor having a bad day.
    She was afraid.
    The parents told me afterwards that someone carrying a coat scared her. She's afraid of dogs. The coat looked like a big dog.

   They went on to explain that it is a challenge for them to go places. Friends have dogs, neighbors nearby walk their dogs down the street.

   So, you can imagine what it's like to try to get through a day without sending your child into a panic.

   I as a child walking up the steps at night I get the feeling that someone or some thing is going to grab my feet. So, I run most of the time.

   Fear. What you fear the most in life, owns you, controls you, limits you. So sometimes you need to just let go and burst out of your shell. It seems everyone is so scared of not having friends because they don't act right, dress right, smile right, or walk right. These are all things God won't care about in the end. So letting them control you won't help anyone or anything. No one on Earth will be judging you in the end, so let go, have fun, and enjoy life in a somewhat sane way. :) Comment!            -All Things Blogspot =)

3 comments: